This healthier alternative to mashed potatoes boasts loads of flavor and a creamy, rich texture.
- 2 pounds 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 2″ chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan over high heat and cover generously with boiling water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium, and cook uncovered until the sweet potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes, and return to saucepan. Add the milk, butter, salt, pepper and cinnamon; mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- Serve warm and garnish with thyme leaves, if desired.