Ground turkey is low in saturated fat, and is a healthy source of protein, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B, and selenium. The veggies add fiber and extra flavor!
- 2 cups chopped veggies of your choice – such as mushrooms, zucchini, red bell peppers, or spinach
- 12 oz 99% lean turkey meat
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs (or substitute regular breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or use 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or use 1tsp dried)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Steam or lightly sauté the assortment of vegetables.
- Combine vegetables and the rest of the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray, and spread meatloaf mixture evenly in the pan.
- Combine all ingredients for glaze. Brush glaze on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake meatloaf in the oven for 45–50 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 165 ºF).
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into eight even slices.
- Serve two slices on each plate.
- For picky eaters, try chopping vegetables in a food processer to make them smaller (and more “hidden”).
SERVING: 2 slices CALORIES: 180kcal CARBOHYDRATES: 17g PROTEIN: 25g FAT: 2g