A deliciously different way to use bell peppers. Use you favorite color of peppers, and substitute beans or tofu for an easy vegetarian twist!
- 4 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp seasoning (try a mixture of chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin and pepper)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped (or use beans or tofu)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Wash bell peppers, remove seeds and cut into bite-sized pieces. Arrange pieces close together in a single layer on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa, seasonings and meat, beans or tofu. Spoon the mixture evenly over pepper pieces. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Try topping with chopped green onions or black olives.
- Try adding cilantro for more flavor.
SERVING: 8 servings CALORIES: 120kcal CARBOHYDRATES: 5g PROTEIN: 14g FAT: 5g